Who we are
Euro Health Group (EHG), a woman-led Danish-based health consultancy company, is owned and governed by the not-for-profit Euro Health Foundation. The Foundation, as the only shareholder of EHG, is the sole beneficiary of income made by the company. The overall purpose of the Foundation is to contribute to the improvement of health in the global South through developing and implementing innovative approaches and methods to evaluation and strategy services. The main targets for support from Euro Health Foundation are vulnerable groups in countries with special health related challenges and countries undergoing reform or changes in the health sector. Established in 1990, EHG has successfully conducted close to 800 projects in over 100 low-and lower-income countries on behalf of clients from major bilateral and multilateral development agencies in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and Europe. We have worked with the EU, Gavi, GIZ, the Global Fund, ministries of health, UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNICEF, Unitaid, World Bank, WHO and various NGOs.
In addition to our head office in Copenhagen, Denmark, we have an Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) regional office. EHG has an extensive worldwide collaborative network with active working links with freelance consultants, universities, research institutions, and professional bodies.
At EHG we are passionate and committed to improving health globally, and as an organisation we strive to deliver excellence to our clients. Through our ISO accreditation we ensure continual high- quality services while focusing on our people-and equity-focused values.
Our mission and values
EHG’s mission is to utilise all of its specialist resources to contribute to improving global health. The values that underpin our work and guide our practice include:
- Delivering excellence – striving to provide the highest quality services and deliverables
- Respect and collaboration – supporting health staff to find local solutions to health care provision
- Passion and commitment - driven by professional commitment to make a difference
- Accountability - for our work, how we conduct ourselves and continually improving all that we do
- Integrity – bound by the highest professional ethical standards for people, cultures and contexts
- People and teams - universally value people and team work to gain and maintain trust
- Partnerships - appreciation of combined expertise and resources adding value
- Sustainability - working to empower people to lead, create and sustain change
What we do
Over the last thirty years we have consolidated our extensive experience and competencies in four core areas:
- Health systems strengthening
- Disease prevention and control
- Sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health
- Evaluation and operational research