Who we are
We are a Danish-based health consultancy company owned and governed by the not-for-profit Euro Health Foundation. We work to improve global health through the provision of technical assistance and consultancy services and have done so in more than 100 low- and lower-middle income countries.
Established in 1990, EHG has successfully conducted close to 800 projects on behalf of our clients from major bilateral and multilateral development agencies in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. We have worked with the EU, Gavi, GIZ, the Global Fund, Ministries of Health, UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNICEF, Unitaid, World Bank, World Health Organization and various NGOs.
EHG has its head office in Copenhagen, Denmark and an EECA regional office. EHG has an extensive worldwide collaborative network with active working links with freelance consultants, universities, research institutions, schools of public health and professional bodies.
At EHG we are passionate and committed to improving health globally, and as an organisation we strive to deliver excellence to our clients. Through our ISO accreditation we also pay attention to how we do this and continue to invest in improving our ways of working, which includes ensuring a positive experience for our valued experts.
Our mission and values
EHG’s mission is to utilise all of its specialist resources to contribute to improving global health. The values that underpin our work and guide our practice include:
- Delivering excellence – striving to provide the highest quality services and deliverables
- Respect and collaboration – supporting health staff to find local solutions to health care provision
- Passion and commitment - driven by professional commitment to make a difference
- Accountability - for our work, how we conduct ourselves and continually improving all that we do
- Integrity – bound by the highest professional ethical standards for people, cultures and contexts
- People and teams - universally value people and team work to gain and maintain trust
- Partnerships - appreciation of combined expertise and resources adding value
- Sustainability - working to empower people to lead, create and sustain change
What we do
Over the last thirty years we have consolidated our extensive experience and competencies in four core areas:
- Health systems strengthening
- Disease prevention and control
- Sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health
- Evaluation and operational research